Friday, December 28, 2007

Way too much free time / Rock Band

and thus the reason why I stopped the Everyman Sleep Schedule. It's so hard to stay awake in the morning and do anything productive when you have nothing productive to do. At 3:20AM, after my shower, I sat there for a couple minutes trying to think of a reason to not just go right back to sleep and I couldn't think of one. So I decided that I would take another core, maybe to catch up on some sleep or something. After that one I had a headache and decided to stop the schedule for lack of things to do. I am a determined person, but not when there are no clear benefits to do it. There will be benefits to it when school does start though, and from my experience it doesn't hurt you too much when you start it (unlike Uberman, which you NEED to start over a break). If I need the free time when school comes around, I'll give it a try. And just for the record, I survived three whole days (24 hour periods) on the schedule.

So, how long did I sleep today? Well, it might have been because of some sleep deprivation from adjusting to Everyman, or because I truly do like sleep and was trying to reward myself or something... but I slept 12 hours. It sounds bad, but it felt so good. I think it reset me back onto my normal sleep schedule. I feel really refreshed and aware, thus all of this typing as soon as I got up and got some Sunny D.

Last night we played Rock Band until midnight with a lot of people over. That game does rock. I highly recommend people go buy a 360 or PS3 just to get that game. It is that awesome. It does have many uses, so I might as well outline them for you in order to convince you to go out now, right now, and get it.
  1. You can feel like an actual rock band, and come on, who doesn't want to be in a rock band? Rock bands rock, by definition!
  2. People will just come over if you own the game and they think you are playing it. Last night was one prime example of it for us, we just have three random people we knew come over and sit around watching us play.
  3. It's fun. More fun that almost any other game we collectively have played in the last year. Galaxy is fun as shit, but this one is co-operative, has infinite replay value, and a social status booster (sorry Mario, you haven't done that for me in ages).
See, now go buy it, I know you want to. And yes, EA, you can send me my check now.

That's it for now, have to go play Rock Band.

5 comments:

Quaal said...

Aw, it's kind of disappointing you weren't able to keep going on the Everyman sleep schedule. But I know exactly what you're talking about since I've tried Uberman. When you get bored... you get really bored.

I haven't actually played rockband yet but I've watched some people play and it looks pretty fun. I'll have to give it a try sometime but I don't have the money to go out and buy it just yet haha.

Jon said...

At 12:32 Ajarn wrote:

"See, no go buy it, I know you want to. And yes, EA, you can send me my check now."

Typo :D. Just thought I'd point it out. I honestly thought I'd be the first comment, but Quaal beat me to it while I was reading it. Damn you Quaal!!

Ajarn said...

Fixed...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I heard 'creep' is on there. I love that song! I can't wait to get playing rockband and...rock out!