Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Courses

I know, I know. I complained quite a bit about college in the Spring semester, and yet I'm taking a Summer class. The class is just a Gen Ed diversity class. the main reason I'm taking it though is to combat the feelings that I had last semester. The feelings of basically being swamped and never being able to do what I want. Instead of 18 credits (the most you can take without Dean approval) I will be taking 14, with 15 max until I graduate.

Anyway... what's happened in the last four months? Nicole and I went to New York City for four days and she had a great time (I had an okay time, but I'm just happy that she had a great time). We went to the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Museum of Modern Art, The Metropolitan Museum, Natural History Museum, Comedy Cellar (two times), Time Square, and a live show of the Opie & Anthony show.

I'm still on OS X Leopard on my desktop. It's still on my laptop, but I mainly use Vista on it when I use it. I've recently reinstalled it on my desktop in order to get an as vanilla an install as possible (meaning that it has the fewest modifications from stock Leopard install) and it's pretty vanilla. I can currently install Software Updates without fear (running 10.5.4 as I type).

By now everyone should know that a new version of the iPhone came out with 3G and A-GPS. Well, I got one. More specifically I was the first in line at the local AT&T store and walked out the store with the first one. It's the white 16Gb model. How do I like it so far? Love it. The AppStore is just as great as I thought it would be (at least at launch) and I know that it can only get better. Same cell number, so call me ;)

I'm still waiting for a What.cd account (I think Mike promised me one when he can invite...). I haven't downloaded music illegally since Oink.cd shutdown. I want to, just I want quality FLAC encoded music, or it's not worth it. I have a good list of music I need, just no venue :(

Anyway, enough for now, will update later.

No comments: